Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Off to China

Well, I am off to China this weekend to review two projects in planning near Shanghai. I always enjoy China, but never the trip there.

First I will be reviewing a redesign project. We have been reviewing the current layout and consulting with the operators on minor changes. After extensive discussions and problem solving, I believe they will be making a major renovation.

The biggest problem seems to be the lack of any real shaping or contouring to the course. Also, there are several creeks and ponds on the course and none of them have really been utilized in the design strategy. It is also a very difficult course for the average play. The one thing that struck me the most was that I never really knew where I was on the course. This can be a good thing, but on this course it was due to every hole looking the same.

It was a real shame to see what was going on at the course the first time I visited. They have a great location, the facility is developing quite nicely, but the course would not promote repeat play.

Let’s hop that things go well and we can get the proper changes made to improve this course!

No comments: