Saturday, April 21, 2007

This Week - Update

This week has been a very hectic, disorganized week. Much like most weeks, but for some reason it seemed more this week. For this reason, I never had the time to finish organizing my blogs. So, I figured I would share with you what I have been working on this week.

I was in China until late Tuesday night. This trip proved to be successful in the fact that we made lots of new contacts, worked on a bit of redesign, presented for a new project near Shanghai, and have been asked to prepare proposals for two new projects, one in southern China, and one near Beijing.

The trip was good, but it put me behind on several projects. This month I am in Slovakia setting up a new project that demands attention. We are currently in the initial Permit Phase and finalizing reports and designs. We have moved on to consult on the housing and the clubhouse designs with the client and will soon be putting the entire package together for the overall Master Plan.

We are also making revisions to permit plans on a project located 10 miles from the Slovak capitol, Bratislava. This will be the closest championship level golf resort to the capitol. We have had issues with housing areas, but have now established the final site locatations and will be finishing infrastructure and roadway documents within the next 6-8 weeks.

Next week will be a crazy one as we try to wrap up several tasks and get ready to head back to the states for a little while. I will be meeting with building architects, three clients, and several local engineers to finalize drawings and reports. It is always fun working on these projects overseas because of the language, newness of such projects, and the education process that it takes to get a project going.

No comments: